Burglary / Security Alarm Systems
Selecting Augustine Alarm, Fire & Sound as you security and life safety service provider is one of the best investments you can make when it comes to protecting property and Life.
Augustine Alarm, Fire & Sound has been locally owned and operated in Saint Augustine under the same ownership and expertise for over 11 years. Owner/Operator Tyler Halbrooks 3rd generation in the industry has 35 years of personal experience in the security industry and is known for his meticulous attention to detail and outstanding service. In addition, our trained and licensed staff will install, maintain, monitor and respond to your system to ensure that your family and property is protected at all times.
Augustine Alarm, Fire & Sound has been protecting some of the finest homes in Saint Augustine and North east Florida. We recognize that each home is as unique as the family that lives inside, which is why every security system we install is custom designed to fit the needs of each individual household.
We understand how important safety and security is to you, which is why we work hard to earn and keep our customers trust. We do not trap our customers in to long term contracts. We keep our customers based on merit.
Our Central Monitoring Station is UL listed, which means it is held to the most rigorous standards of integrity and security, including redundant systems and equipment. We also have a backup Central Station located out of the area, if the need arises.
Cutting Edge Integrated Security
Every system we install consists of top of the line equipment, which is among the most reliable, and technologically advanced in the industry.
Our smart phone apps allow you to monitor and interact with your system from wherever you are. From basic arming and disarming of your system, to unlocking doors, adjusting temperatures, or seeing who is coming and going, you have the comfort of knowing you are in control of your system at all times. If you have more than one residence (i.e. vacation home), you are able to monitor and control all systems from the same app. You can also receive system updates via text message, such as an alarm or arm/disarm notice.
A basic security system includes door contacts, motion detectors and key pads. These can be enhanced with integrated access control, and/or camera systems as well. We have easy to use touchscreen keypads that show you the weather among other features, as well as traditional keypads. Systems can also be installed with wireless technology, eliminating the need for expensive and unreliable phone lines.
Welcome to Commercial Security Systems
Whether you are interested in a camera security surveillance system, access control, a wireless or hardwired intrusion/burglar alarm system, fire detection systems, smoke detectors, GSM cellular and Internet communicators for your business or any combination thereof and more, Augustine Alarm will custom design a solution that meets your precise security needs.
Augustine Alarm, Fire & Sound has extensive knowledge and experience in commercial security with a proven track record.
Augustine Alarm has designed and installed commercial systems for small businesses, Schools, Banks, Police departments and Home land security properties to say the least.
- Around 60 percent of burglars used forcible entry to gain access to a home. A surprising 30 percent entered home through an unlocked door, window or other opening without resorting to force.
- A study by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte’s Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology found that most burglars try to determine if a house has an alarm system before attempting a home invasion. Other research substantiates these findings. In fact, an overwhelming majority of convicted burglars say that they intentionally avoided homes with security systems. If an alarm sounded, they admitted to fleeing the home immediately.
- About 33 percent of intruders enter a home through the front door. Hollow doors are exceptionally easy to kick in. If your home is outfitted with an old wood door or one that’s hollow, replace it with a new solid wood or metal clad door. Then every time you enter or exit your home, arm your home security system. It isn’t a bad idea to fortify your home’s entrances with security cameras and motion lighting.
- You may want to explore the benefits of a wireless home security system. That’s because roughly 25 percent of burglars reported cutting telephone or alarm wires before they broke into the home. A wireless home security system is less vulnerable because there are no wires to be cut. Wireless technology is offered by Augustine Alarm, Fire & Sound, and it’s more affordable than you might think.
- Beware: It isn’t uncommon for a burglar to invade a home more than once. After all, they already know the layout of the house and have discovered where the “goodies” are kept. If you’re the victim of a break-in, get a home security ASAP to deter the bad guys from returning.
- According to the FBI, the average dollar loss per burglary in the U.S. is $2,185. That amount far exceeds the cost of a basic home security system, and doesn’t include the emotional damage a break-in inflicts on your family. Plus, many insurance companies offer discounts on your homeowner’s policy when you have a home security system installed. When you couple the victim’s losses with criminal justice expenditures, a typical home invasion is estimated to cost nearly $20,000.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics Special Report states that a household member was home in approximately 28 percent of burglaries. Alarmingly, a household member suffered some form of violence in seven percent of burglaries.
- Unfortunately, burglaries are infamously hard to solve. On average, only about 13 percent of burglaries are cleared by police, and recovering victim’s property is even less likely to happen.
- The statistics we’ve discovered confirm that using a home security system is your first line of defense against burglars. If you’re ready to find the ideal home security provider to protect your family or Business Augustine Alarm, Fire & Sound is here to lend a hand.
Contact Us Today